The grounds of this property are on the corner of Station Road and Gravel Pit Road. As yet we have not been able to ascertain who the original owner and builder of the property was.
From various Kelly's Directories we have however been able to obtain some of the listed owners.
|Owners of Wootton House|
|1894-95||Rev. Canon Henry Frederick Phillips M.A.|
|1895-1938||Miss Mary Constance Shedden passed away 15th March 1938. Daughter of late Roscow Cole Shedden J P of East Cowes.|
|1899-1935||Miss Roscow Shedden|
|1948-55||Colonel & Mrs. Thomas Herbert Minshall|
|1956-60||Sir Arthur Gouge|
|1962||Dr. Crang and family|
Source: Kelly's directoriesThis page was last edited on: 4th March, 2015 06:17:20