Dedicated 25 May 1920 at 3pm by the Bishop of Southampton. Cost £216 2s 3d raised by public subscription. Architect Mr Percy Stone. Built by Mr Frank Cooper, Monumental Sculptor, Newport, Isle of Wight and Mr C H Butt, Builder, Apse Heath, Isle of Wight.
"The design is purely Gothic: a slightly ornamental cross on a plan block die, with a two tier octagonal base, and circular foundation of Ventnor rag-stone. The names of the fallen are carved on the stone in recessed panels on the die [… ] on a superimposed shield on the face of the cross are the words "Pro Patria" and a representation of the Hampshire rose. This is particularly appropriate as the names of the noble dead given below show that the great majority fought with battalions of the county regiment. The monument stands 17ft 6in in height and forms a most pleasing and worthy memorial".
Inscription: PRO PATRIA. IN MEMORY OF THE MEN OF ARRETON WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR THEIR COUNTRY IN THE GREAT WAR 1914-1918. AND THOSE WHO FELL 1939-45.
Source: IWCP Saturday May 29th 1920