Wootton Holiday Camp

Wootton Holiday Camp Church Road

We have come across this rare picture showing the chalet at the Wootton Holiday camp on Church Road [location would have been opposite the now County Primary School. In the village the camp was known as “Rafters” it  opened in 1937  and closed in 1973. During World War Two it was used by various units of the British army including the Jersey Regiment and the Americans prior to “D” day and their equipment was parked on what is now Wootton recreation ground. It is now a housing estate.