How many people remember the two village doctors Kennedy [1906 -88] & Proteus who had their surgery at Wootton Lodge which was on the corner of Church Road and the High Street [The house itself going under the name of Gilwill this has long gone  but the entrance to the surgery can still be seen opposite the Spar shop at the top of Wootton High Street. Dr. Kennedy was not an early riser and those visiting morning surgery could expect to wait awhile, he would appear in his dressing gown and say next please!!!
Note:- There is a more detail information about the house on the main web site under Wootton then properties.
We have come across some old pictures of Dr. Kennedy.