Harwood’s garage at the top of Lushington was opened in 1933 by Percy Harwood. who bought the land from George Moody of Park Road
There was typhoid outbreak in Station Road in 1946 caused by cattle eating contaminated grass from septic tank overflow.
LLoyds Bank once had a branch at No 33 the High Street, last known business to operate from the address was Creater Comforts in 1990. The biulding has now been converted into a house.
St Marks Church was reopen c 1970 by the Rev George Raynor and he also established a boys choir.
The Boy Scouts and Girl Guides, both group meet at the Methodist Church in Station Road.
Private house/bungalow development in Glendale Close [off Station Road] started in 1963.
Meeting to discuss a by pass for Wootton High Street held at Wootton Primary School in 1969, later meeting held at the Community Centre to discuss plans for a by-pass skirting the trees the now boarder Mary Rose Avenue, and up Station Road as part one of the proposed route, proposal rejected in current format.
Wootton Rise in Palmer’s Road built in 1905 for Herbert Guy Mitchinson.
Wootton House in Station Road, built for Cannon Phillips from Rochester around 1895 and later Miss Sheddon, supporter of St Marks church .
Wootton Holiday Camp in Church Road opened in 1937, used by the military during the second world War. at least two groups are known the Jersey Regiment and the Americans in 1944.
Our information indicates that Beechcroft House off Palmer Road way built for Major Herman Way around 1929.
To allow the construction of a sewer in Station Road the following parties were involve Walter McEwen owner of Quarrel Copse on which Glendale Close was built– Albert Oliver, gardener– John Wadhan, schoolteacher– James Havelock, Little Briddleford Farm–G.B.Moody on behalf of Station Road Methodist Church and Southern Railway.
Fattingpark Farm, Park Road was originally owned by Robert Stayner Holford and then by Right Hon. Charles Robert 5th Earl Grey, in November 1929 he sold 160 acres to Reginald Benson and Guy Holford Benson for £2,000.
In September 1885 St Micheal’s and All Saints Church opened at Briddleford Cross Road as a gift from Mrs Mary Nunn Harvey, it closed in 1910 after St Marks Church in Station Road opened in 1909, the now redundant tin church was sold to a place in Devon and the now deserted Sunday school sold for £15.00 scrap in 1934.